My lemon cake recipe (a favorite on the baby shower circuit)
- 1 1/2 c. Self Rising Flour
- 1 1/4 c. All Purpose Flour
- 2 c. sugar
- 1 c. butter, softened
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 c. dry white wine
- 1/2 c. fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1-2 tbsp lemon extract
- Preheat oven to 350
- Spray mini bundts with cooking spray
- In a small bowl, combine flours and set aside.
- In your Kitchen Aid (or large mixing bowl) on medium speed, cream the butter until smooth. Add sugar gradually and beat until fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add eggs one at a time. Add the dry ingredients in 3 parts alternating with wine, juice and extract. Be careful not to overbeat.
- Bake for approximately 25 minutes, though I start testing after 15 to avoid burning.
- 1/2 cup Buckwheat honey
- Juice of 1 large lemon
- 2-4 tablespoons confectioner's sugar
tiny candy bees from Confectionery House