3.16.2010

Double Rainbow Cake


I was recently reminded by a friend that I have a cupcake blog that has been significantly neglected for the past 2 1/2 years. I'll say. But I have been back to baking, here and there, and though I highly doubt I have any readers left, I figured I could start blogging about the baking I have been doing, whether or not it's cupcakes. So here it goes...


I cannot believe this baking accomplishment was not blogged immediately - I made it nearly six months ago. But it was a fabulous accomplishment and deserves to be recognized! The rainbow cake inspiration and instructions came from here, however I did not want to use a cake mix, so I used the Amy Sedaris vanilla cupcake recipe but added a little lemon juice and lemon oil to cover up the taste of the food dye (I used food gels), and I topped it with cream cheese frosting. It was a HUGE party success and made my little rainbow-loving 2-year-old very happy.

Next time I'll pay attention to which way is up and hopefully won't end up with upside down rainbows! I don't think she noticed though...

11 comments:

shira said...

Wow! Would you mind sharing how you did this?

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
My Andinio said...

waw amazing cake, love it, wish i could make one for my girl bday,... would you mind sharing how you made it.. ?

alex said...

lovely cake.. rainbow.. isnt hard to bake it?? nice work..

Edina MN Realty
Minnesota Real Estate
Local Internet Marketing
Gift Baskets
baby gift baskets
Christmas Gift Baskets

Unknown said...

What an amazing celebration??Cake looks awesome.Business Logo Design

Carlos White said...

It is very nice design cake,If you make the photos into paintings,it can be more cool.Recommending one nice online Oil Painting Gallery for you.They can offer you many subjects oil paintings and Custom Oil Painting for you.

Phoenix Mars said...

I am in complete awe of your cake! please please please let me know how you made it!!!!! I would LOVE to give it a try. simply amazingggg

solarstuff2 said...

This is such a perfect cake for Birthday Parties! Vibrant colors make it so much fun!
Thanks!
Novelty Pens

Author Pam Funke said...

Thanks for sharing. These look tasty.

TUTSOFT-INFO said...

Nice Post.. All is interesting!!! Thank!!!
TUTSOFT in Twitter

Anonymous said...

I read your blog frequently and I just thought I’d say keep up the amazing work! wedding cakes montgomery al